Update From Carsington – Covid-19June 3, 2020
INFORMATION & OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR ALL ANGLERS
To ensure we comply with social distancing and government guidelines, Carsington fishery will be observing new operating procedures. We ask that you respect these guidelines / procedures and follow them to ensure all our staff and fellow customers remain safe.
We will reopen for fishing from Thursday 4th June 2020.
• Our online booking system will be available from Monday 1st June 2020.
• All boats must be booked in advance. We are not able to accept walk in’s on the day.
• You will be required to book and pay online to secure your day’s fishing. If making an online booking is not possible
then we will be able to take a booking and payment over the telephone once our reception opens from Thursday 4th
• To make an online booking click here, choose the date required and add a Sport or 4 fish permit to your booking
• There will be two time slots available each day to help us stagger your arrival and aid with social distancing:
8.30 –17.30 – please check in and collect boat between 8.00 – 8.30
9.00 – 18.00 – please check in and collect boat between 8.30 – 9.00
• DCAC customers can book a boat via the DCAC Boat option, you must enter you club number in the comments box
so that we can confirm your booking.
• Full day boats will only be available for 1 or 2 people as long as they are from the same household.
• If we have to cancel your pre-paid booking due to adverse weather conditions on the day, you will be entitled to
move your booking to an alternative date at no additional cost.
• If you need to cancel you’re booking please contact us as soon as possible. We can move your booking to an
alternative date as long as you give us 24 hours’ notice before your booking date. If you fail to arrive for your
booking and do not contact us in advance then we will be unable to credit you.
• Please be mindful of others on arrival to the site & in the fishery car park. Please observe social distancing when
parking and when unloading and loading your vehicle.
• There will be no parking by the fishery building or on the staff parking area.
• For those anglers who have booked the wheelie boat and required disabled parking access there will be two
reserved parking spaces near to the top of the slipway.
• Parking is still free of charge. Please remember to give your car registration details at reception when you check in.
• We will open at 8am to 4pm, 7 days a week for boat and permit issue.
• Fishery reception hasn’t moved. Access will now be from the front of the building only. Please follow signage from
the Fishery carpark and adhere to our safe queuing system so as to maintain 2 metres distance between customers
• We will have hand sanitizer available and we ask that you use this when you enter the building.
• Please only enter building / reception to check in for your days fishing. Please be patient if you have to queue or
are asked to wait.
• Toilet facilities will only be available at the fishery, at the side of the building. Please observe the queueing and one
way system and adhere to maintain 2 distance at all times.
• If you are boat fishing with a member of the same household, only one of you should enter the reception to check
• For any additional purchases on the day we request the use of contactless/card payments where possible.
• We are operating a reduced boat fleet to allow us to clean and sanitise the boats and equipment ready for the next
• Single man boats will only be permitted, unless you are fishing with 1 other member of your household.
• Please note that as we are working with a reduced fleet requests for specific boats may not be possible at this
• On arrival at the slipway we ask that you wait at the sign posted area and queue. Only 1 person, or 2 people from
the same household, will be allowed on the jetty at one time. Please maintain a 2 metre distance at all times.
• Once in your boat please motor out of the bay area immediately. Anglers wanting to ‘tackle up’ should do this out
in ‘open water’.
• Once fishing is completed, when you arrive back to the pontoon we ask that the boat is docked the same side you
departed from. Please continue to adhere to social distancing measures when disembarking from your boat. You
may need to stay afloat and wait away from the jetty until it is clear.
• Please place catch returns in the usual catch return boxes or alternatively email them to
• Once off the water, please leave your lifejacket in the designated area.
• For your safety, all boats, equipment and lifejackets are disinfected after every use. If you wish, please feel free to
bring protective gloves and/or a face covering as well as hand sanitiser.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Please remember that, on top of all this, the usual fishery rules will still apply!